Written by Anne Fairchild, State Historic Sites Eastern Region School Programs Manager
Top 10 Ways to Know Spring has come to the Lanier Mansion
1. Gardening buffs attended our “Garden Affair” luncheon and discovered new ways to make their gardens more beautiful and fun!
2. Even with cutbacks, some schools are still planning their annual spring field trips
3. Robins are fighting to see who gets the primo nesting spots
4. We already mowed the lawn last week
5. Dog walkers, cyclists and runners are out and about
7. People dug shorts and sandals out of their closets to stroll along the River Walk as temperatures rose into the 80s last week
8. Spring is in full bloom with flowering forsythia bushes, dogwoods, cherry trees, redbuds, daffodils, tulips, magnolias and more
9. Our first wedding of the season is next week
10. The visitors are back and enjoying the sights and sounds of Madison by visiting the Lanier Mansion, watching barges towing cargo up and down the beautiful Ohio River and taking in the fresh spring weather
Spring is an excellent time to visit many of our State Historic Sites. For information, please visit indianamuseum.org/sites.